Thursday, November 22, 2012

Say my name again


    "No really say it again. I forgot my name." Unless you've suffered from amnesia you've probably never said these words.  Yesterday, I did. 
     This week I was given a Baoule' name. In this language, names are given according to which day of the week you are born. So because I was born on a Tuesday my name is Konadio. 
    If you are wondering what your Baoule' name is you can use this chart to find out. Just don't ask me how to pronounce it. 

                         Girl                Boy
Monday.           Akissi            Kouassi
Tuesday.           Adjoua           Konadio
Wednesday.     Amelan           Konan
Thursday.         Ahou              Kouakou
Friday.              Aya                Yao
Saturday.         Affoue'            Koffi
Sunday.           Amoin              Kouame'

No comments:

Post a Comment